Browse Exhibits (1 total)

The Heart of Our Place of Learning: William Allan Neilson Library, 1909 - 2009

show poster.jpg

“A library is the heart of a place of learning.”  
~ Margaret Storrs Grierson, Smith class of 1922, Executive Secretary of the Friends of the Smith College Library, College Archivist, and first Director of the Sophia Smith Collection

Neilson Library opened for research and discovery on November 22, 1909. To celebrate the Library’s centennial and document the history of Smith's first library building, the College Archives presents this exhibition.

This web exhibition is based on a physical exhibition that was on view in the Book Arts Gallery at Neilson Library from 9 November 2009 through 30 March 2010. 

Tags: , ,