Browse Items (16 total)

  • Tags: 1890s

5302.jpg
Bookplate for a fund named in honor of President Seelye. The Smith College Alumnae Association began the fund for the Library. The bookplate was designed for insertion in volumes purchased with the fund.

5298.jpg
Cyanotype of the first Smith College Library in College Hall. The books remained here until Seelye Hall was opened in 1900.

5361.jpg
Shown in this photograph are the first Gymnasium and Hatfield House on the current site of Neilson Library. Before the library was completed in 1909, Hatfield House had to be moved to its present position on campus and the Gymnasium was moved across…
Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-json, omeka-xml, rss2