Browse Items (16 total)

  • Tags: 1890s

5361.jpg
Shown in this photograph are the first Gymnasium and Hatfield House on the current site of Neilson Library. Before the library was completed in 1909, Hatfield House had to be moved to its present position on campus and the Gymnasium was moved across…

5298.jpg
Cyanotype of the first Smith College Library in College Hall. The books remained here until Seelye Hall was opened in 1900.

5302.jpg
Bookplate for a fund named in honor of President Seelye. The Smith College Alumnae Association began the fund for the Library. The bookplate was designed for insertion in volumes purchased with the fund.

1281.jpg
Zoology laboratory in Lilly Hall. Standing in the upper center part of the photograph is H.H. Wilder, professor of Zoology from 1892-1928.

http://smithlibraries.org/exhibits/plugins/Dropbox/files/5001.jpg
Cloth covered book with handwritten notes. Includes notes about architectural plans for the new 1909 library building at Smith, and notes from visiting other colleges' libraries. (2 scanned pages)
Output Formats

atom, dcmes-xml, json, omeka-json, omeka-xml, rss2